November 25, 2012

Thankfulness Project Finale

This weekend ends my Thankfulness Challenge 2012.  I sure do have a ton in which to be grateful for on a daily basis but this weekend really made me think about how fortunate I am.  JD and I started the long weekend by heading down to Chicago to go to their Thanksgiving Day Parade.  We also were able to eat our Thanksgiving meal at Wave, JD's favorite restaurant (beside Steak n' Shake). 

JD and I started the tradition of going down to Chicago for Turkey Day a couple of years ago and I so love it.  We spend Wednesday evening window shopping and drinking Argo tea and Thursday we go to the parade, brose the stands at the Christkindlmarket, and eat yummy food.  Plus, we get to spend some quality time together--which rarely  happens.

At the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade.  It was the PERFECT day to be outside in Chicago--highs were in the 50s!

My boot (at the Christkindlmarket)!

On the wagon ride out to get our tree.  Note our horses, "Jack" and "Frost" behind me. 

On Friday we cut down our Christmas tree and decorated the house.  It was sooooo cold on Friday that we ended up cutting down the first tree we saw!  Luckily the tree is PERFECT and I am loving it!

On Saturday we spent the day with my family.  We cut down a tree for my parents and helped them decorate it.  We were also able to celebrate a very special 21st birthday with my favorite 21 year-old "almost" sister.  

Later we met up with my aunts, uncle, and counsin for dinner at a local pizza place.  It's been a long time since we've all been together.  I think that's the toughest part about getting older--the people you spent so much time with growing up all move on and it gets more and more challenging to find time to be together. 


My sil is an AMAZING pianist.  We always beg her to play Christmas tunes for us. . . and luckily she always humors us!



My family at the Mannheim Steamroller Concert!  Aren't they adorable?
 And, the weekend ended with a Mannheim Steamroller concert.  Is there any other way to kick off the Christmas season than with one of their concerts?  It was so good and definitely got us in the Christmas spirit!

Can you see why I say I am so blessed?  I love you all!  Happy Christmas Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment