November 7, 2012

Old Read Meets Book Group


I remember being a young student and reading the book, "The Family Nobody Wanted" by Helen Doss.  It is about a young couple who are not able to have biological children and end up adopting. . .12 children!  This simple story talks about the joys and challenges of raising such a young and large family.

I just got back from a book club where we discussed this book.  I haven't read it in years but enjoyed reading and discussing it again tonight.  As I read it this time, I caught more of the racial issues of the time (the book takes place in the 1940s) and how economically disadvantaged the family was.

As you can see by the picture below, my copy is well-loved.  I'd recommend you try out this book.  It's an easy and enjoyable read.
My much-loved copy of "The Family Nobody Wanted" by Helen Doss

No comments:

Post a Comment