November 3, 2012

Day 3

It's only 8:36am and I already know what I'm thankful for today. . .sleep!

Today I am thankful for a great night's rest.  Too often lately I wake up thinking about what I need to do, or worrying about something.  But last night I had such a great night of sleep that today I feel ready to take on the world!  When I woke up so refreshed, I started thinking about how grateful I was for that great night of sleep, I also considered how blessed I am to have a bed, a home, heat, safety, etc.  Those are basics in my life that I take for granted and so many people (too many people) are without those basics. 

As a special challenge to myself, I am going to try to be more aware of the students I work with who might not have these essentials in their lives and try to make my classroom one that is safe both physically and emotionally (but hopefully not too relaxed that they are falling asleep. . .:)).

No comments:

Post a Comment