November 19, 2012

A Weekend of Thanks

My weekend was spent with my best friend, AJ.  We dedicate the weekend before Thanksgiving as "girl time" and meet in our college town.  I must say, that it happens to be my favorite weekend of the whole year.  I cherish the time I get to spend with this wonderful person who happens to live six hours away from me.  So, I dedicate these thankful points to my dearie, AJ.


16. Thankful for the delicious food I can count on in my college town.  This town has a population of about 8,000 but has a ton of great restaurant options.  We had bar food, pizza, Japanese cuisine, and ate at a local bistro renown for their varied menu.  Yum!

17. Thankful for the fun I had this weekend.  Each of us is required to bring a bag-o-fun which we fill with:
  1. a craft
  2. a beverage
  3. an (unhealthy) snack
  4. a game
  5. a Christmas movie
AJ's craft: this cute dish cloth with pretty fabric hand stitched on it 

18. Thankful for the relaxing time I had over the weekend where I was able to finish a great book and stitch the binding onto this quilt.  I love this quilt!  And am so excited to show it off this Christmas season.

19. Thankful for the yummy home-cooked meal I came home to after work today.  We celebrated Thanksgiving early with JD's family and they sent us home with leftovers.  JD made one of my favorites--turkey ala king.  AH-MAZE-ING!  Such a comforting meal to start the week!

1 comment: