November 6, 2012

Challenge: Day 6

Am I tired of campaign ads (yes!)?  Am I tired of the stress of deciding who to vote for (yes!)?  Am I tired of most conversations centered around the election (yes!)?

But, am I grateful for the opportunity to be able to vote and help make a decision on who the leader of this great country will be?  OF COURSE!  Today I am thankful for this wonderful country.  It is not perfect and there is a lot that I would like to see different but I love the US even in all of its imperfections.



Taken when Jon and I were in NYC this July.

In a world where so many people. . .especially women. . .are not given the opportunity to vote (or have a fulfilling career or an education), I just soak up all of this democracy.  So, I definitely have a candidate who I want to win but I will support our next President no matter who he is and I will support this country and stand behind it in honor of all the good that can be found in it.

Happy Election Day!

P.S. As a side note, the Political Science teacher at the school where I work, created a mock election for the students.  It was amazing!  I was so impressed with the efforts of he and his students.  They had voter registration last week and today they set up voting booths (with ballots that looked exactly like the "real" ones) and even had a box where students could put their ballots.  Students left with an "I Voted" sticker and were so proud of themselves for participating in the mock election!  What a cool experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment