July 27, 2012

Pasta and Pesto


My Aunt Judy just gave me, my parents, and my sil the recipe for her homemade pesto (along with all the ingredients to make it--she's wonderful like that).  I made the sauce the other day with my dad and Jon and I had it with pasta for dinner tonight.  It was amazing and so simple to make!



Aunt Judy's Pesto Sauce (makes 1/2 c)
2/3 c packed fresh basil
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 c olive oil
2 T pine nuts
1/2 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, peeled

1. Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until well blended.
2. Refrigerate (and use within a week) OR freeze in ice cube trays, with foil covering tray.  Once it is frozen, pop them out and transfer to a Ziploc bag (frozen cubes can be used for up to three months).

And that's it!  It's super easy to make, is healthy, and delicious.  Is there anything better?

PS Jon and I added some bacon to our pasta and pesto.  We figure, when it doubt, add bacon--it makes life happy :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds pretty tasty. I have a bunch of basil from the Madison Farmers Market, so if I get pine nuts I can give this a try!

    ReplyDelete