May 9, 2013

Date Day!

A good friend of mine was telling me that she and her husband go on date days once a month.  They flip back-and-forth in the planning of the days and it is always a surprise to the other person.
 
So, like any good friend, I decided to copy her.
 
And I'm happy to report, our first date day was a success! 
 
JD trying a Five Guys burger.  He's been trying to get me to go hear for years and we finally  made it!

Here are the rules:
1. It must be a surprise
2. You need to tell the other person what time to be ready to go and what to wear (i.e. we'll be walking a lot, so wear good shoes -or- we'll be inside in air condition, bring along a sweater)
3. Pick a yummy place for lunch/dinner
4. Do something fun and out of the ordinary!

My first hole in one EVER!
Date Day: Mini golfing and go-karts!

 Over the course of our date day, we started talking about kite flying (random. . .).  This led JD to buy a kite for us the next day and our date day/weekend continued!
You can tell the dude picked out this kite.  Had I been along, we would have bought a Barbie kite.


1 comment: