May 13, 2013

Asian Style Brussels Sprouts

I love Brussels sprouts! They are a new "thing" for me.  It wasn't until last year when we were at a local supper club and I had these as a side that I fell in love with them.  And now, I'm finally feeling comfortable enough to make them at home.  If you haven't tried Brussels Sprouts before, give these a whirl, I promise that you'll be coming back for more!
 
 

Asian Style Brussels Sprouts
2T Safflower Oil
1t Ginger spice
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
2T Soy Sauce
1lb Brussels Sprouts
Pinch of Sesame Seeds
Dash of wine (I used red)
1/4 c Honey

1. Heat the oil, spice, ginger, and red pepper flakes on a medium setting for a couple of minutes
2. Add the Brussels Sprouts and allow to cook over medium heat for at least 10 minutes (I threw a lid over it at about the 8 minute mark to speed up the cooking). 
3. Toss the sesame seeds and wine and allow to cook for about two minutes, pour on the honey and heat a minute before serving.

**You don't need a lot of the red pepper flakes--a little goes a very long way
**Just poke a fork through the Brussels Sprouts to see if they're done

Please try these out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable! I'll have to try these. I like tossing them in olive oil and garlic, then roasting them in the oven. I sometimes top them with crisp bacon pieces. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete